Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Life Is Too Short

One of the most recent books on my reading list is THE PERFECT LIAR by Brenda Novak, and I cannot wait to see what the plot is for this suspense novel. The title reminds me of several members of the family that I was cursed to grow up in as a child. When young, I was idealistic and so believed that if we just behaved ourselves and were good, then good things would finally happen to us. So we kept our mouths shut while other members of our family propagated a lie against us, in favor of other people who were actually evil perpetrators, when it would have been so simple just to tell the truth of the situation, and clear the air.

Nevertheless, it turns out that I must have been a little bit more worldly wise than they realized, because there was always a back-up plan of survival, just in case being good and doing my best still did not work out in my best interest. And so I persevered through thick and thin, for years after getting away from that particular family, in the solid determination to continue on, and defy them simply by continuing my own life, to the best of my ability.

The point is that it did cause a break-up in our family, but our particular family had never been that close to begin with. As young children, the kids in our family had never been taught to look out for one another, and so it was a situation of "every man for himself," and the sibling rivalry that myself and my younger brother did not even believe was true, was actually much stronger than we had ever begun to realize.

So after all these years, there are two brothers that I have not seen in about 35 years, and I sometimes wonder how they are. They turned their backs on me many years ago, when they knew assistance was gravely needed, and so there are not too many regrets involved in my own decision to move forward with my own life. At the age of 53 years old now, I still do not feel a strong desire to go back around the aunts, uncles, cousins, and two brothers who turned their backs on me when all that would have been required would have been a simple visit while I was in jail, just to get my side of the story, and a motivation to step up to the plate and do the right thing, at the perfect time when this could have easily been carried out.

Now, you may read the first book DAUGHTER OF MY PEOPLE to discover the sordid details of our past, and the sequel to that is the memoir entitled THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH which will soon be available. After this, a third and final memoir will be TO HAVE MERCY, AND NOT SACRIFICE.

Times are hard now in America, many people have lost jobs and are having to re-invent themselves. Families are circling the wagons and learning how to cope with an economic situation that they never saw coming.

The purpose of writing these memoirs is to help reinforce the need for other American families to learn how to stick together and look out for each other, and not to end up in a situation of estrangement like the family that we had originated from. It does matter a great deal if people are having to live on welfare, on disability, or in a situation where money is scarce, but the worst kind of poverty is the poverty of the spirit.

The primary goal of the negative forces in the world is to destroy the human family. Anything that can interfere with the human family will eventually destroy a society. Everything from abortion to divorce, and every other possible stumbling block that can destroy the family is being condoned in the USA today, and this is nothing but pure evil. A society is only as strong as the family unit, and once the families are destroyed, it will not be long before the society itself is also completely destroyed.

Life is too short for me to not speak up in my own way, using the written word, to explaine about what has truly been my own experience of life, thus far. To put all these experiences on paper for the world to read is truly sticking my neck out, but it is absolutely essential that this be done. This is not my absolute dream of life, to write these books, but it is a calling that I have to answer, and a role that I must play at this time of my life. This is not a dream, and it is not a fantasy. It is a chore, requiring a lot of extra hard work, and yet it is something that is required of me at this time.

For anyone who has to work with the American family, as a parent, a social worker, a person who has to deal with juvenile delinquents, personnel who work in the jails and the prison systems, school teachers, military personnel who have to deal with new recruits coming on board from different backgrounds, doctors, lawyers, psychologists, psychiatrists, and members of the legislature, I urge you to read and learn anything you might be able to glean from this personal story, while there is still time to save our society from going the way of the ancient Roman Empire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home